Jump to Main Content
- Mirik, M. Jr., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2007 v.57 no.2 pp. 123
- remote sensing; Diuraphis noxia; spectral analysis; wheat; reflectance
- ... The Russian wheat aphid (Diuraphis noxia (Mordvilko)) infests wheat (Triticum aestivum L.), barley (Hordeum vulgare L.), and other small grains and grasses. Russian wheat aphid infestations are unpredictable in time and space. In favorable conditions, Russian wheat aphid feeding can result in heavy damage to wheat and barley in a short period of time. A repetitive monitoring strategy that allows f ...
- Mirik, M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2006 v.51 no.1-2 pp. 86
- winter wheat; Triticum aestivum; Schizaphis graminum; insect pests; plant pests; crop damage; remote sensing; spectrometers; digital images; image analysis; reflectance; spectral analysis; correlation; field experimentation; greenhouse experimentation; repeatability; algorithms; new methods; quantitative analysis; Texas; Oklahoma
- ... The usefulness of digital image analysis and spectral reflectance data to quantify damage by greenbugs (Schizaphis graminum (Rondani)) was evaluated for two winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) fields, three field experiments, and one greenhouse experiment in Oklahoma and Texas. A hyperspectral field spectrometer and a digital camera were used to record reflectance and to acquire images over 0.25-, ...