Jump to Main Content
- Pezzuolo, Andrea, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2018 v.148 pp. 29-36
- body measurements; cameras; computer software; heart; markets; nonlinear models; swine
- ... Information on the daily growth rate of pigs enables the stockman to monitor their performance and health and to predict and control their market weight and date. Manual measurements are among the most common ways to get an indication of animal growth. However, this approach is laborious and difficult, and it may be stressful for both the pigs and the stockman. As a consequence, manual measurement ...
- Pezzuolo, Andrea, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2017
- agricultural soils; autumn; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; climate; crop residues; crops; data collection; direct seeding; farmers; farms; greenhouse gas emissions; issues and policy; models; no-tillage; oxidation; soil conservation; soil fertility; soil organic carbon; subsidies; Italy
- ... No-tillage (NT) is considered the least invasive conservation agriculture technique and has shown to be the effective in increasing soil C stocks, and reducing losses compared to others tillage systems. In Italy, the Veneto Region was the first to establish a subsidies scheme aimed at promoting the adoption of NT practices. This program encourages farmers to perform direct seeding, alternate autum ...
- Chorus Open Access: