Jump to Main Content
- Svensson, Johan; Andersson, Jon; Sandström, Per; Mikusiński, Grzegorz; Jonsson, Bengt Gunnar
- Conservation biology 2019 v.33 no.1 pp. 152-163
- biodiversity; boreal forests; clearcutting; coasts; conservation status; ecosystem services; forest management; forest reserves; forest restoration; green infrastructure; habitat fragmentation; habitats; hills; land use; landscapes; mountains; remote sensing; retrospective studies; Gulf of Bothnia; Scandinavia
- ... Loss of natural forests by forest clearcutting has been identified as a critical conservation challenge worldwide. This study addressed forest fragmentation and loss in the context of the establishment of a functional green infrastructure as a spatiotemporally connected landscape‐scale network of habitats enhancing biodiversity, favorable conservation status, and ecosystem services. Through retros ...
- Kochalski, Sophia; Riepe, Carsten; Fujitani, Marie; Aas, Øystein; Arlinghaus, Robert
- Conservation biology 2019 v.33 no.1 pp. 164-175
- Oncorhynchus mykiss; Salmo salar; Salvelinus fontinalis; aquaculture; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; ecosystems; educational status; freshwater; freshwater fish; gender; habitat destruction; indigenous species; introduced species; people; pollution; public opinion; salmon; surveys; Central European region; France; Germany; Norway; Scandinavia; Sweden
- ... Public support for biodiversity conservation is shaped by people's values and their knowledge, beliefs, and attitudes toward the environment. We conducted the first multinational representative survey of the general public's perceptions of river fish biodiversity in France, Germany, Norway, and Sweden. For the online survey, 1000 respondents per country were randomly selected from large panels fol ...