Jump to Main Content
- Gissi, Elena; McGowan, Jennifer; Venier, Chiara; Carlo, Davide Di; Musco, Francesco; Menegon, Stefano; Mackelworth, Peter; Agardy, Tundi; Possingham, Hugh
- Conservation biology 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1107-1117
- European Union; biodiversity; biodiversity conservation; conservation areas; cost effectiveness; decision support systems; industry; planning; prioritization; sustainable development
- ... The Adriatic and Ionian Region is an important area for both strategic maritime development and biodiversity conservation in the European Union (EU). However, given that both EU and non‐EU countries border the sea, multiple legal and regulatory frameworks operate at different scales, which can hinder the coordinated long‐term sustainable development of the region. Transboundary marine spatial plan ...
- Iacona, Gwenllian D.; Sutherland, William J.; Mappin, Bonnie; Adams, Vanessa M.; Armsworth, Paul R.; Coleshaw, Tim; Cook, Carly; Craigie, Ian; Dicks, Lynn V.; Fitzsimons, James A.; McGowan, Jennifer; Plumptre, Andrew J.; Polak, Tal; Pullin, Andrew S.; Ringma, Jeremy; Rushworth, Ian; Santangeli, Andrea; Stewart, Annette; Tulloch, Ayesha; Walsh, Jessica C.; Possingham, Hugh P.
- Conservation biology 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 979-988
- biodiversity conservation; cost effectiveness; funding; learning
- ... Effective conservation management interventions must combat threats and deliver benefits at costs that can be achieved within limited budgets. Considerable effort has focused on measuring the potential benefits of conservation interventions, but explicit quantification of the financial costs of implementation is rare. Even when costs have been quantified, haphazard and inconsistent reporting means ...