Jump to Main Content
- Temel, Julia; Jones, Aled; Jones, Nikoleta; Balint, Lenke
- Conservation biology 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1048-1062
- biodiversity conservation; business enterprises; case studies; economic valuation; ecosystem services; governance; issues and policy
- ... The monetary valuation of ecosystem services is gaining traction in policy and business communities. Several tools and decision‐making processes have been proposed, including criteria to assess the appropriateness of using monetary valuation for biodiversity conservation outcomes. These criteria include measures such as scale, uniqueness, and threat. We used case studies of monetization projects f ...
- Pitt, R.; Wyborn, C.; Page, G.; Hutton, J.; Sawmy, M. Virah; Ryan, M.; Gallagher, L.
- Conservation biology 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 998-1006
- biodiversity conservation; industry; issues and policy; learning; scientists; stakeholders; uncertainty
- ... Boundary organizations are situated between science, policy, and practice and have a goal of supporting communication and collaboration among these sectors. They have been promoted as a way to improve the effectiveness of conservation efforts by building stronger relationships between scientists, policy makers, industry, and practitioners (Cook et al. 2013). Although their promise has been discuss ...