Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Tao; Xie, Tingliang; Xu, Cong
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 1-31
- fuels; nuclear power industry; radionuclides; risk
- ... Highly radioactive and hazardous radionuclides in nuclear-spent fuel are harmful to the environment and hinder further development of the nuclear energy industry. Microextractors, with the advantages of a small volume, fast extraction kinetics, passive operation mode, and the ability to integrate with detection instruments, are considered perfect candidates for the detection and mitigation of the ...
- Besseling, Ellen; Redondo-Hasselerharm, Paula; Foekema, Edwin M.; Koelmans, Albert A.
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.1 pp. 32-80
- aquatic environment; aquatic organisms; bioturbation; confidence interval; models; nanoplastics; risk; risk characterization; surface water
- ... Diverse effects of nano- and microplastic (NMP) have been demonstrated in the laboratory. We provide a broad review of current knowledge on occurrence, measurement, modeling approaches, fate, exposure, effects, and effect thresholds as regard to microplastics in the aquatic environment. Using this information, we perform a ‘proof of concept’ risk assessment for NMP, accounting for the diversity of ...