Jump to Main Content
- Villamar-Ayala, Cristina Alejandra; Carrera-Cevallos, Jeanette Verónica; Vasquez-Medrano, Ruben; Espinoza-Montero, Patricio Javier
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.16 pp. 1476-1514
- active ingredients; adsorbents; agricultural land; biodegradation; electrochemistry; freshwater; glyphosate; hazardous waste; marine environment; metabolites; physicochemical properties; risk; trophic levels; water pollution
- ... Glyphosate is the most widely used active ingredient of Glyphosate Based Herbicides (GBHs), and which has environmental mobility towards water by its physicochemical characteristics. These properties determine its low availability in living organisms (log Kₒw < 0), which is increased by the presence of co-adjuvant activators in GBHs and its biodegradation (metabolites). Eco-toxicological studies h ...
- Zhang, Xiaoyang; Yu, Tong; Li, Xu; Yao, Junqin; Liu, Weiguo; Chang, Shunli; Chen, Yinguang
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.16 pp. 1425-1475
- additives; adsorption; anaerobic digestion; combustion; composts; industrialization; microorganisms; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sludge; solubility; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... As wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) is considered as an important discharge source of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) into the environment, many investigations have been carried out to study the behaviors of PAHs in WWTPs. This review focuses on the fate and enhanced removal of PAHs in wastewater and sludge treatment and disposal processes. Firstly, it is found that the occurrence of PAHs ...