Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Bing; Wan, Yongshan; Zheng, Yuling; Lee, Xinqing; Liu, Taoze; Yu, Zebin; Huang, Jun; Ok, Yong Sik; Chen, Jianjun; Gao, Bin
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.4 pp. 318-356
- adsorption; alginates; antibiotics; biopolymers; cost effectiveness; crosslinking; dyes; encapsulation; energy; gelation; heavy metals; microorganisms; nanoparticles; physicochemical properties; pollutants; pollution control; wastewater
- ... Alginate-based composites have been extensively studied for applications in energy and environmental sectors due to their biocompatible, nontoxic, and cost-effective properties. This review is designed to provide an overview of the synthesis and application of alginate-based composites. In addition to an overview of current understanding of alginate biopolymer, gelation process, and cross-linking ...
- Huddersman, Katherine; Ekpruke, Aghogho; Asuelimen, Leo
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.4 pp. 277-317
- best available technology; cost analysis; monitoring; oxidation; pollution
- ... The OSPAR priority list entails a strategy, for monitoring the listed chemicals as well as prescribing cessation targets. However, not much is known about the best available technologies for dealing with cases of environmental pollution from these chemicals. On the other hand, Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOPs) are among the most effective environmental treatment technologies. The scientific lite ...