Jump to Main Content
- Pulleyblank, Coren; Cipullo, Sabrina; Campo, Pablo; Kelleher, Brian; Coulon, Frederic
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.5 pp. 357-409
- analytical methods; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; soil; toxicity
- ... Over the past 20 years, a growing body of research has raised concerns about the toxicity, fate, and transport of oxygenated transformation products of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Research targeting these diverse compounds in soil and water systems has been challenged by a lack of standard analytical techniques and suitable reference materials. However, recent efforts towards the consolidati ...
- Paço, Ana; Jacinto, Jéssica; da Costa, João Pinto; Santos, Patrícia S. M.; Vitorino, Rui; Duarte, Armando C.; Rocha-Santos, Teresa
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2019 v.49 no.5 pp. 410-441
- biodegradation; circular economy; durability; oceans; plastics; wastes
- ... Plastics are an inescapable reality of modern society. Found in all sectors and activities, they have brought unquestionable societal benefits. However, their most desirable characteristics – durability, flexibility, resistance to degradation and low cost – also render these materials highly problematic from an environmental perspective. The exponential increase in their production has led to thei ...