Jump to Main Content
- Qi, Fangjie; Kuppusamy, Saranya; Naidu, Ravi; Bolan, Nanthi S.; Ok, Yong Sik; Lamb, Dane; Li, Yubiao; Yu, Linbo; Semple, Kirk T.; Wang, Hailong
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2017 v.47 no.10 pp. 795-876
- bioavailability; biochar; carbon; leaching; soil; soil pollution; sorbents
- ... Pyrogenic carbon (PyC), including soil native PyC and engineered PyC (biochars), is increasingly being recognized for its potential role as a low-cost immobilizer of contaminants in soils. Published reviews on the role of soil native PyC as a sorbent in soils have so far focused mainly on organic contaminants and paid little or no attention to inorganic contaminants. Further, a comprehensive revie ...
- You, Guoxiang; Wang, Peifang; Hou, Jun; Wang, Chao; Xu, Yi; Miao, Lingzhan; Lv, Bowen; Yang, Yangyang; Zhang, Fei
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2017 v.47 no.10 pp. 877-907
- engineering; ions; iron; microbial activity; microorganisms; pollutants; surface area; synergism; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... In recent years, the use of zero-valent iron (ZVI) coupled with microorganisms has attracted considerable attention for the removal of diverse contaminants from wastewater, and the performance of bio-ZVI systems under diverse conditions is of particular interest. This paper comprehensively reviews the recent developments related to (1) the effects of the iron surface area, operating conditions, co ...