Jump to Main Content
- Levis, James W.; Weisbrod, Annie; Van Hoof, Gert; Barlaz, Morton A.
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2017 v.47 no.12 pp. 1003-1041
- burning; climate; emissions; greenhouse gases; human health; leachates; models; particulates; solid wastes; uncertainty; waste composition; waste disposal sites
- ... The objective of this review is to critically analyze literature, data, and models on the environmental releases from the uncontrolled disposal and burning of solid waste. Major concerns include releases of greenhouse gases, particulate matter, and leachate. Many factors influence these releases including waste composition, site depth, and climate. While the impact of these factors is understood q ...
- Xu, Lejin; Wang, Jianlong
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2017 v.47 no.12 pp. 1042-1105
- graphene; radionuclides; heavy metals; ion exchange; wastewater; ligands; thermodynamics; pH; electrostatic interactions; analytical methods; temperature; metal ions; adsorption
- ... Graphene-based materials have been extensively employed for the removal of heavy metals and radionuclides from water and wastewater. This work critically reviews the current status of research works on the use of graphene, as well as its modified materials, and their efficacy for the adsorption of heavy metals and radionuclides. It focuses on the examination of different factors influencing the ad ...