Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Changhui; Jiang, He-Long
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2016 v.46 no.10 pp. 947-997
- environmental engineering; eutrophication; lakes; phosphorus; sediments
- ... The in situ immobilization technique is a typical method of geoengineering in lakes for eutrophication control. The method reduces internal phosphorus loading from sediments by dosing chemicals, which means that selecting appropriate chemicals are essential. Therefore, the authors present a comprehensive review of the current available knowledge of chemicals used for the in situ technique. Chemica ...
- Datta, Janusz; Kopczyńska, Patrycja
- Critical reviews in environmental science and technology 2016 v.46 no.10 pp. 905-946
- catalysts; combustion; durability; energy; energy recovery; equipment; ethylene; feedstocks; fuels; oils; plastics; polyethylene; polyethylene terephthalates; polypropylenes; polyurethanes; production costs; recycling; solid wastes
- ... Plastics have become widely used materials in everyday life due to their special properties such as durability, easy processing, lightweight nature, and low cost of production. However, because of their stable and nonbiodegradable nature, postconsumer plastics become an issue to the environment. The growing amounts of waste are generated, as plastic products are commonly used only once before disp ...