Jump to Main Content
- Abrar, Muhammad; Anjum, Faqir Muhammad; Butt, Masood Sadiq; Pasha, Imran; Randhawa, Muhammad Atif; Saeed, Farhan; Waqas, Khalid
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 862-874
- Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus parasiticus; aflatoxins; agricultural products; biosynthesis; crop management; environmental factors; fungi; hepatitis; hepatotoxicity; humidity; minerals; mutagenicity; mutation; postharvest injuries; postharvest treatment; preharvest treatment; reproductive disorders; seeds; temperature; teratogenicity
- ... Food contagion with aflatoxins is the modern concern and has received a great awareness during the last few decades. The intermittent incidence of these toxins in agricultural commodities has negative role on the economy of the affected regions where harvest and postharvest techniques for the prevention of mold growth, are seldom practiced. Aflatoxins are difuranocoumarin derivatives produced by a ...
- Valderrama, Wladir B.; Cutter, Catherine N.
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 801-817
- Listeria monocytogenes; biofilm; cleaning; environmental factors; food chain; food contamination; food processing; food processing plants; niches; outbreak investigation; sanitizing
- ... Listeria monocytogenes can enter the food chain at virtually any point. However, food processing environments seem to be of particular importance. From an ecological point of view, food processing facilities are microbial habitats that are constantly disturbed by cleaning and sanitizing procedures. Although L. monocytogenes is considered ubiquitous in nature, it is important to recognize that not ...