Jump to Main Content
- Valderrama, Wladir B.; Cutter, Catherine N.
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 801-817
- Listeria monocytogenes; biofilm; cleaning; environmental factors; food chain; food contamination; food processing; food processing plants; niches; outbreak investigation; sanitizing
- ... Listeria monocytogenes can enter the food chain at virtually any point. However, food processing environments seem to be of particular importance. From an ecological point of view, food processing facilities are microbial habitats that are constantly disturbed by cleaning and sanitizing procedures. Although L. monocytogenes is considered ubiquitous in nature, it is important to recognize that not ...
- Jun, Xi
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 837-852
- bioactive properties; equipment; food industry; food processing; heat; high pressure treatment; ingredients; temperature; thermal degradation
- ... High-pressure processing is a food processing technique that has shown great potentials in the food industry. Recently, it was developed to extract bioactive ingredients from plant materials, known as ultrahigh pressure extraction (UPE), taking advantages of time saving, higher extraction yields, fewer impurities in the extraction solution, minimal heat and can avoid thermal degradation on the act ...