Jump to Main Content
- Abrar, Muhammad; Anjum, Faqir Muhammad; Butt, Masood Sadiq; Pasha, Imran; Randhawa, Muhammad Atif; Saeed, Farhan; Waqas, Khalid
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 862-874
- Aspergillus flavus; Aspergillus parasiticus; aflatoxins; agricultural products; biosynthesis; crop management; environmental factors; fungi; hepatitis; hepatotoxicity; humidity; minerals; mutagenicity; mutation; postharvest injuries; postharvest treatment; preharvest treatment; reproductive disorders; seeds; temperature; teratogenicity
- ... Food contagion with aflatoxins is the modern concern and has received a great awareness during the last few decades. The intermittent incidence of these toxins in agricultural commodities has negative role on the economy of the affected regions where harvest and postharvest techniques for the prevention of mold growth, are seldom practiced. Aflatoxins are difuranocoumarin derivatives produced by a ...
- Jun, Xi
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 837-852
- bioactive properties; equipment; food industry; food processing; heat; high pressure treatment; ingredients; temperature; thermal degradation
- ... High-pressure processing is a food processing technique that has shown great potentials in the food industry. Recently, it was developed to extract bioactive ingredients from plant materials, known as ultrahigh pressure extraction (UPE), taking advantages of time saving, higher extraction yields, fewer impurities in the extraction solution, minimal heat and can avoid thermal degradation on the act ...