Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Yonglu; Yang, Wuyun; Wu, Yuanqi; Li, Chaosu; Li, Jun; Zou, Yuchun; Chen, Fang; Mares, Daryl
- Crop & pasture science 2010 v.61 no.4 pp. 310-320
- alleles; biotic stress; crossing; cultivars; dough; dough development; durum wheat; falling number; flour; hardness; hexaploidy; inbred lines; landraces; loci; noodles; parents; China
- ... Synthetic hexaploid wheat (SHW) represents a valuable source of new resistances to a range of biotic and abiotic stresses. Exploitation of these resistances in bread wheat breeding programs, however, is not necessarily straightforward and requires an assessment of potential negative effects on quality particularly from the genomes contributed by the durum parents used in the development of SHW. In ...
- Alomar, D.; Mera, M.; Errandonea, J.; Miranda, H.
- Crop & pasture science 2010 v.61 no.4 pp. 304-309
- testa; equations; least squares; near-infrared spectroscopy; crossing; nutritive value; spectral analysis; reference standards; screening; Lupinus angustifolius; hulls; prediction
- ... Breeding programs oriented to decrease hull percentage in lupins and consequently to improve their nutritional value could be greatly assisted by a reliable technique to predict seed coat proportion (SCP) in whole, intact seeds. The objective of this work was to evaluate the potential of near-infrared reflectance spectroscopy (NIRS) to predict the percentage of seed coat in two lupin species. Samp ...