Jump to Main Content
- Poole, Michael L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Crop & pasture science 2010 v.61 no.4 pp. 296-303
- Triticum aestivum; crops; flowering; grain yield; growing season; inflorescences; meteorological data; plant-water relations; rain; rain intensity; rainfed farming; seed productivity; seeds; wheat; yield components; Australia
- ... Knowledge of the contribution of ear number per unit area, grains per ear, and kernel weight to grain yield is important in understanding the limits to the water-limited potential yield of wheat in rain-fed agricultural regions. This paper analyses the relationships between grain yield, yield components and growing-season rainfall using data from the low-, medium-, and high-rainfall zones of the c ...
- Poole, Michael L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Crop & pasture science 2010 v.61 no.10 pp. 852-861
- Chara; breeding lines; carbohydrates; crops; cultivars; drought; filling period; flowering; grain yield; inflorescences; irrigation water; leaves; photosynthesis; seeds; solar radiation; stems; water supply; wheat; Australia
- ... Grain yield depends on the number of grains per unit area (sink) and the availability of assimilates (source) to fill these grains. The aim of the current work was to determine whether wheat yield in the high-rainfall zone of south-western Australia is limited in current cultivars by the size of the sink or by the assimilates available for grain filling. Three wheat cultivars (Calingiri, Chara and ...