Jump to Main Content
- Watson, Tristan T.; Desaeger, Johan A.
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 100-107
- 1,3-dichloropropene; Belonolaimus longicaudatus; chloropicrin; field experimentation; free-living nematodes; fruit yield; growers; growing season; horticultural crops; integrated pest management; metam; plant establishment; plant parasitic nematodes; potassium; sandy soils; soil fumigation; soil treatment; strawberries; vigor; Florida
- ... In Florida, strawberry is an economically important horticultural crop. Plant-parasitic nematodes present a significant obstacle for strawberry growers in the sandy soils found in this state. Historically, nematodes have been controlled through the application of soil fumigants; however, there is interest in exploring the use of non-fumigant nematicides that can provide similar levels of control a ...
- Chaulagain, Bhim; Dufault, Nicholas; Raid, Richard N.; Rott, Philippe
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 86-93
- Puccinia kuehnii; Puccinia melanocephala; bioassays; disease control; germination; leaves; pesticide application; plant pathogenic fungi; pyraclostrobin; sugarcane; sugarcane rust; urediniospores; Florida
- ... Management of brown (Puccinia melanocephala) and orange (Puccinia kuehnii) rust of sugarcane in Florida primarily relies on fungicide applications. Using two different in vitro bioassays, we evaluated the efficacy of five fungicides registered for control of these diseases. Inhibition of P. kuehnii and P. melanocephala urediniospore germination varied from 96 to 100% at 0.01–10 μg per ml of pyracl ...