Jump to Main Content
- Kalaiselvi, D.; Mohankumar, A.; Shanmugam, G.; Nivitha, S.; Sundararaj, P.
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 108-114
- Euphorbia tirucalli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Meloidogyne incognita; X-ray diffraction; crop losses; egg masses; eggs; hatching; juveniles; latex; mortality; nanosilver; nematicidal properties; nematicides; pathogenicity; physicochemical properties; plant protection; root-knot nematodes; roots; scanning electron microscopy; tomatoes; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... In recent years, research on novel nematicides has gained great interest to reduce world crop losses caused by plant parasitic nematodes. In this study, we explored the synthesis of silver nanoparticles (Et-AgNPs) by using latex extract of Euphorbia tirucalli against root-knot nematode species, Meloidogyne incognita. The physico-chemical properties of newly synthesized Et-AgNPs were determined usi ...
- Luquini, Liliane; Barbosa, Dimmy; Haddad, Fernando; Ferreira, Claudia Fortes; Amorim, Edson Perito
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 94-99
- Helicotylenchus multicinctus; Meloidogyne arenaria; Meloidogyne incognita; Meloidogyne javanica; Musa; Pratylenchus coffeae; Radopholus similis; Rotylenchulus reniformis; bananas; crop production; crops; cultivars; growers; isozymes; pathogens; plant parasitic nematodes; rhizosphere; roots; silk; soil sampling; surveys; trees; Brazil
- ... Brazil is the third leading banana producing country worldwide. It produces approximately 6.8 million tons in 550 thousand hectares, which represents a gross production value of 3.4 billion dollars per year. Bananas are affected by many pathogens, whereas nematodes are of main concern. Of 132 nematode species, approximately 54 are associated with the banana rhizosphere. These species are involved ...