Jump to Main Content
- van der Gaag, Dirk Jan; Holt, Johnson; Leach, Adrian W.; Loomans, Antoon J.M.
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 135-146
- Helicoverpa armigera; Rhagoletis mendax; Rosa; Solanum; Thrips palmi; Vaccinium; adulthood; adults; biosecurity; branches; case studies; cut flowers; fruits; hosts; immatures; insects; issues and policy; mites; models; oviposition; pests; relative risk; risk assessment; risk managers; shelf life; trade; vegetables
- ... A model was developed to improve pest risk assessments and to better advise risk managers and policy makers on the relative importance of the pathways of pest entry and the strength of measures to be taken on each. The model computes the probability of the transfer of insect or mite pests from traded commodities to hosts at sites suitable for establishment. The probability is calculated from arriv ...
- Xu, Pengfei; Shu, Runhang; Gong, Peipan; Li, Wenhao; Wan, Hu; Li, Jianhong
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 63-68
- Nilaparvata lugens; active ingredients; adults; egg hatchability; fecundity; insecticides; lethal dose; life tables; longevity; pests; progeny; resistance mechanisms; survival rate; China
- ... Triflumezopyrim, a newly commercialized active ingredient developed by DuPont, has been defined as a novel insecticide in the mesoionic class. This insecticide has excellent bioactivity for sucking pests, such as the brown planthopper (Nilaparvata lugens), and was registered in China in 2016 for its control. However, the effects of triflumezopyrim on the growth and fecundity of brown planthopper h ...