Jump to Main Content
- Sohrabi, Fariba; Jamali, Fatemeh; Morammazi, Salim; Saber, Moosa; Kamita, Shizuo George
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 20-25
- Beauveria bassiana; Galleria mellonella; Lecanicillium lecanii; Metarhizium anisopliae; bioassays; botanical insecticides; conidia; dipping; entomopathogenic fungi; insecticidal properties; instars; larvae; lethal concentration 50; pathogenicity; pest control; spore germination; toxicity
- ... Interactions between insect pathogenic fungi and insecticides can be both positive and negative for pest control. In the first part of this study, the insecticidal efficacy of entomopathogenic fungi including Beauveria bassiana (Bals.) Vuill., Lecanicillium (=Verticillium) lecanii (Zimm.) Zare & Gams, and Metarhizium anisopliae (Metsch.) Sor. was tested against different larval instars of Galleria ...
- Chaulagain, Bhim; Dufault, Nicholas; Raid, Richard N.; Rott, Philippe
- Crop protection 2019 v.117 pp. 86-93
- Puccinia kuehnii; Puccinia melanocephala; bioassays; disease control; germination; leaves; pesticide application; plant pathogenic fungi; pyraclostrobin; sugarcane; sugarcane rust; urediniospores; Florida
- ... Management of brown (Puccinia melanocephala) and orange (Puccinia kuehnii) rust of sugarcane in Florida primarily relies on fungicide applications. Using two different in vitro bioassays, we evaluated the efficacy of five fungicides registered for control of these diseases. Inhibition of P. kuehnii and P. melanocephala urediniospore germination varied from 96 to 100% at 0.01–10 μg per ml of pyracl ...