Jump to Main Content
- S. Uppala; X.G. Zhou
- Crop protection 2018 v.104 pp. 72-77
- Cercospora; Thanatephorus cucumeris; antibiotics; azoxystrobin; blight; crop production; flutolanil; harvesting; leaf spot; mechanism of action; propiconazole; pyraclostrobin; rice; trifloxystrobin; Southeastern United States; Texas
- ... Sheath blight (caused by Rhizoctonia solani AG1-IA) and narrow brown leaf spot (NBLS, caused by Cercospora janseana) are among the most important diseases affecting rice production in Texas and in other regions in the southern United States. Strobilurin fungicides have been used extensively to manage these two diseases, especially sheath blight. Unfortunately, heavy reliance on use of fungicides w ...
- Anthony P. Keinath
- Crop protection 2018 v.106 pp. 72-78
- Colletotrichum orbiculare; Cucurbitaceae; active ingredients; anthracnose; azoxystrobin; chlorothalonil; crop yield; disease outbreaks; field experimentation; fruits; mancozeb; pyraclostrobin; thiophanate-methyl; total soluble solids; trifloxystrobin; watermelons; Southeastern United States
- ... Anthracnose, caused by Colletotrichum orbiculare race 2, has re-emerged as a problematic disease on watermelon in the southern United States where the majority of U. S. watermelons are produced. Although several new fungicide active ingredients have been registered on cucurbits, their effects on watermelon yields produced during anthracnose epidemics have not been assessed. Field experiments were ...