Jump to Main Content
- Mhlanga, Blessing; Chauhan, Bhagirath Singh; Thierfelder, Christian
- Crop protection 2016 v.88 pp. 28-36
- production technology, etc ; Setaria italica; biomass; corn; crop production; cultivars; farmers; fertilizers; herbicides; integrated weed management; leaf area index; leaves; plant density; planting; row spacing; shade; weeds; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Weeds are a major constraint to crop production, and are responsible for considerable yield losses in maize production systems throughout the world. Herbicides are widely used for weed control in maize production systems, but can have negative environmental consequences. Researchers have evaluated the use of crop competition and suppression to manage weeds in various crop combinations, including m ...
- Nawaz, Ahmad; Farooq, Muhammad
- Crop protection 2016 v.85 pp. 89-103
- production technology, etc ; acetochlor; breeding; butachlor; crop rotation; crops; cultivars; direct seeding; drills; farmers; farms; flooded conditions; flora; herbicide resistance; information dissemination; integrated weed management; intercropping; issues and policy; labor; mechanism of action; mulches; nitrofen; no-tillage; oxadiazon; oxyfluorfen; pendimethalin; perennial weeds; planting; production costs; resource management; rice; roots; seedbeds; socioeconomics; sodium; thiobencarb; water resources; wheat; New Zealand; Pakistan; Show all 40 Subjects
- ... Resource conservation technologies (RCTs) offers pragmatic options to cut down fuel, labor and water resources. In Pakistan, the use of RCTs started in the form of a New Zealand imported zero tillage wheat (ZTW) drill in 1983, and now the ZTW plantation has reached to an area of 507,050 ha. However, initially, the widespread adoption of the ZTW plantation was hampered because of insufficient train ...