Jump to Main Content
- Capinera, John L.
- Crop protection 2013 v.52 pp. 57-63
- Gastropoda; baiting; baits; feeding preferences; host plants; leaf area; leaves; molluscicides; mortality; ornamental plants; planting; romaine lettuce; snails; temperature; weeds; Florida
- ... The snail Zachrysia provisoria (Pfeiffer) is poorly known in Florida, USA, where it predominately is viewed as a pest of ornamental plants. I evaluated its host plant relationships, foliage consumption potential, and susceptibility to several molluscicides. Many of the potential hosts, especially common ornamental plants that are planted densely as ground cover and might be expected to provide a f ...
- Radicetti, Emanuele; Mancinelli, Roberto; Campiglia, Enio
- Crop protection 2013 v.52 pp. 64-71
- Avena sativa; Brassica napus; Capsicum annuum; Mediterranean climate; Vicia villosa; aboveground biomass; canola; chlorophyll; conventional tillage; cover crops; crop residue management; fruit yield; hoeing; leaves; minimum tillage; mulches; oats; pepper; seedlings; soil depth; weed control; weeds
- ... A cover crop/pepper sequence was adopted for two growing seasons (2009/2010 and 2010/2011) in Central Italy to evaluate the effect of different cover crop species and their residue managements on weed control and fruit yield of a pepper crop. The treatments consisted in: (a) three winter cover crops [hairy vetch (Vicia villosa Roth.), oat (Avena sativa L.), canola (Brassica napus L.)] and bare soi ...