Jump to Main Content
- Tan, Chor-Tee; Assanga, Silvano; Zhang, Guorong; Rudd, Jackie C.; Haley, Scott D.; Xue, Qingwu; Ibrahim, Amir; Bai, Guihua; Zhang, Xinzhong; Byrne, Patrick; Fuentealba, Maria P.; Liu, Shuyu
- Crop science 2016 v.57 no.1 pp. 340-349
- Brachypodium; Oryza sativa; Triticum aestivum; Wheat streak mosaic virus; alleles; assays; breeding programs; chromosome mapping; chromosomes; crossing; cultivars; genetic markers; genotype; germplasm; inbred lines; marker-assisted selection; polymerase chain reaction; resistance genes; rice; single nucleotide polymorphism; wheat; Great Plains region; North America
- ... Wheat streak mosaic virus (WSMV) can cause significant yield loss in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in the Great Plains of North America. A recently identified WSMV resistance gene, Wsm2, was mapped to chromosome 3BS in germplasm line ‘CO960293–2’. Effective genetic markers tightly linked to the gene will enhance the selection of WSMV-resistant lines through marker-assisted selection. We have mapped ...
- Data from: Development and Validation of KASP Markers for Wheat Streak Mosaic Virus Resistance Gene Wsm2
- Zeng, Linghe; Wu, Jixiang; Bechere, Efrem
- Crop science 2016 v.57 no.1 pp. 192-201
- Gossypium hirsutum; agronomic traits; cotton; crossing; cultivars; fiber quality; genetic analysis; genetic improvement; genetic variance; heterosis; hybrids; lint yield; parents; quantitative traits; yield components
- ... Appropriate crossing systems for genetic improvement of quantitative traits are critical in cotton breeding. Determination of genetic variance for lint yield and fiber quality in three different crossing schemes (single cross [SC], three-way cross [TWC], and double cross [DC]) of upland cotton (Gossypium histutum L.) will help breeders decide which crossing scheme to use in hybrid production and p ...