Jump to Main Content
- Klindworth, Daryl L.; Hareland, Gary A.; Elias, Elias M.; Xu, Steven S.
- Crop science 2005 v.45 no.1 pp. 77
- chromosome translocation, etc ; Triticum turgidum subsp. durum; durum wheat; translocation lines; Triticum aestivum; wheat; glutenins; alleles; agronomic traits; baking quality; breadmaking quality; genotype-environment interaction; grain yield; North Dakota; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Markets for durum wheat (L. var. could be expanded if cultivars with dual-purpose end-use could be developed. The allele, located on chromosome 1D of bread wheat (L.), encodes for high-molecular-weight glutenin subunits 1Dx5 and 1Dy10, and this allele is highly desirable for good baking quality. Lines of durum carrying on a 1AS.1AL-1DL translocation chromosome and also segregating for the low-mole ...
- Helguera, M.; Vanzetti, L.; Soria, M.; Khan, I. A.; Kolmer, J.; Dubcovsky, J.
- Crop science 2005 v.45 no.2 pp. 728
- chromosome translocation, etc ; Triticum; Triticum aestivum; plant breeding; interspecific hybridization; genes; disease resistance; rust diseases; Puccinia recondita; hard red spring wheat; lines; polymerase chain reaction; genetic markers; restriction fragment length polymorphism; chromosome mapping; DNA probes; nucleotide sequences; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... New leaf rust resistance genes are needed in wheat (L.) to provide additional sources of resistance to the highly variable and dynamic leaf rust pathogen Eriks. Leaf rust resistance gene , located within a segment of Taush chromosome 1S translocated to the long arm of chromosome 1B of bread wheat, is resistant to the current predominant races of leaf rust in the USA. The objectives of this study w ...