Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Chunming; Yasui, Hideshi; Yoshimura, Atsushi; Zhai, Huqu; Wan, Jianmin
- Crop science 2004 v.44 no.2 pp. 389-393
- isogenic lines, etc ; Nephotettix cincticeps; Nephotettix nigropictus; Nephotettix virescens; Oryza sativa; antibiosis; chromosomes; genetic analysis; inheritance (genetics); insect pests; mortality; phenotypic variation; quantitative trait loci; resistance genes; rice; Asia; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Nephotettix virescens Distant (green leafhopper: GLH) is one of the major insect pests of rice (Oryza sativa L.) in the temperate rice growing region of Asia. The objective of this study was to determine the chromosome locations of some GLH-resistance genes and conduct genetic analysis of GLH resistance. From a cross between the japonica cultivar Taichung65, which is susceptible to GLH, and indica ...
- Glover, K. D.; Wang, D.; Arelli, P. R.; Carlson, S. R.; Cianzio, S. R.; Diers, B. W.
- Crop science 2004 v.44 no.3 pp. 936
- isogenic lines, etc ; Glycine max; soybeans; field crops; Heterodera glycines; cyst nematodes; plant pests; pest resistance; genetic resistance; linkage groups; quantitative trait loci; chromosome mapping; heterozygosity; genetic markers; gene segregation; segregation distortion; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Soybean cyst nematode (SCN) (Ichinohe) is one of the most destructive soybean [ (L.) Merr.] pests worldwide. The most common source of SCN resistance used in soybean breeding in the northern USA is PI 88788. Previous research has shown that PI 88788 carries a major quantitative trait locus (QTL) conferring SCN resistance on linkage group (LG) G, which is believed to be The objective of our researc ...