Jump to Main Content
- Mian, M. A. Rouf; Hopkins, Andrew A.; Zwonitzer, John C.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 944
- agricultural programs and projects; breeding; Festuca arundinacea; genetic variation; cultivars; plant breeding; genotype; amplified fragment length polymorphism
- ... Little information is available regarding genetic variation in tall fescue (Schreb). Such information is important in constructing mapping populations and targeting germplasm collection and utilization. The objective of this study was to evaluate the genetic diversity among a number of tall fescue accessions, cultivars, and selected genotypes. In one experiment, 16 persistent tall fescue plants (g ...
- Waldron, Blair L.; Asay, Kay H.; Jensen, Kevin B.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 890
- Festuca arundinacea; Bromus riparius; Lolium perenne; Dactylis glomerata; yields; irrigation water; dry matter accumulation; genotype-environment interaction; species differences; Utah
- ... The yield stability of cool-season pasture grasses at different irrigation levels has not been well documented. Objectives were to evaluate selection of pasture grass species in environments where irrigation may be limited or unreliable. Dry matter yield was determined for eight grass species during 1996 through 1998 at five irrigation levels. Shukla's stability statistics were calculated and spec ...