Jump to Main Content
- Pal, Narinder; Sandhu, Jagdeep S.; Domier, Leslie L.; Kolb, Frederic L.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 912
- Avena sativa; genetic markers; polymerase chain reaction; nucleotide sequences; cultivars; complementary DNA; genes
- ... Two sources were evaluated for the production of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) markers for oat (spp.). First, nucleotide sequences were determined for 250 unique clones from oat microsatellite-enriched genomic libraries. Forty-four of the 63 primer pairs designed were functional, of which 18 (41%) were polymorphic among 13 species and six (14%) were polymorphic between oat cultivars Kanota and O ...
- Gethi, James G.; Labate, Joanne A.; Lamkey, Kendall R.; Smith, Margaret E.; Kresovich, Stephen
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 951
- Zea mays; nucleotide sequences; microsatellite repeats; genetic markers; genetic variance; genetic distance; gene frequency; plant genetic resources
- ... Historically important public inbred lines continue to play an important role in maize (L.) improvement in many different breeding programs. Their continued use means they have undergone numerous seed increases in diverse programs since their original release. Our objective was to estimate the level of genetic diversity among and within inbred lines from different sources using SSR markers. We sam ...