Jump to Main Content
- Floyd, Donald J.; Barker, Reed E.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 905
- Lolium multiflorum; Lolium perenne; roots; gene expression; seed certification; genotype-environment interaction; Oregon
- ... Seedling root fluorescence (SRF) has been used since the early 1940s to discriminate Italian (annual) ryegrass (Lam.) from perennial ryegrass (L.). Generally, roots of Italian ryegrass fluoresce under ultraviolet light, while those of perennial ryegrass do not fluoresce, but the trait has readily introgressed from Italian to perennial. Breeders document fluorescence levels of new ryegrass cultivar ...
- Waldron, Blair L.; Asay, Kay H.; Jensen, Kevin B.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 890
- Festuca arundinacea; Bromus riparius; Lolium perenne; Dactylis glomerata; yields; irrigation water; dry matter accumulation; genotype-environment interaction; species differences; Utah
- ... The yield stability of cool-season pasture grasses at different irrigation levels has not been well documented. Objectives were to evaluate selection of pasture grass species in environments where irrigation may be limited or unreliable. Dry matter yield was determined for eight grass species during 1996 through 1998 at five irrigation levels. Shukla's stability statistics were calculated and spec ...