Jump to Main Content
- Mian, M. A. Rouf; Hopkins, Andrew A.; Zwonitzer, John C.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 944
- agricultural programs and projects; breeding; Festuca arundinacea; genetic variation; cultivars; plant breeding; genotype; amplified fragment length polymorphism
- ... Little information is available regarding genetic variation in tall fescue (Schreb). Such information is important in constructing mapping populations and targeting germplasm collection and utilization. The objective of this study was to evaluate the genetic diversity among a number of tall fescue accessions, cultivars, and selected genotypes. In one experiment, 16 persistent tall fescue plants (g ...
- Khalil, I.H.; Carver, B.F.; Krenzer, E.G.; MacKown, C.T.; Horn, G.W.
- Crop science 2002 v.42 no.3 pp. 710
- Triticum aestivum; crop yield; crop management; forage; agronomic traits; cultivars; plant breeding; estimation; seed productivity; Oklahoma
- ... Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) cultivars of the southern Great Plains are traditionally bred in environments managed for grain production only but are commonly grown for the dual-purpose of producing winter forage and grain from the same crop. To what extent grain yield and test weight are consistently expressed in those environments requires investigation relative to long-term attempts to improve t ...