Jump to Main Content
« Previous |
1 - 20 of 40
- Russelle, M.P.; Wilhelm, W.W.; Olson, R.A.; Power, J.F.
- Crop science 1984 v.24 no.1 pp. 28
- barley; Hordeum vulgare; corn; net assimilation rate
- ... Comparisons of growth analysis functions within and among experiments are often confounded by sources of variation other than those imposed by treatment. We suggest use of a temperature index, such as modified growing degree days, as the divisor in growth functions to facilitate treatment comparisons within certain experiments and to reduce the effects of differing temperature regimes among experi ...
- Glewen, K.L.; Vogel, K.P.
- Crop science 1984 v.24 no.1 pp. 137
- Andropogon hallii; seedling growth; seeds; dimensions; seedlings; vigor; genetic variance; heritability; dry matter accumulation; genetic correlation; crop yield; forage
- ... Spaced plants of 'Goldstrike' sand bluestem (Andropogon hallii Hack.) were used to obtain estimates of the genetic variances for caryopsis weight, seedling weight at 8 weeks which was used as a measure of seedling growth, and 1st year forage yields. Since caryopsis weight has a positive effect on seedling weight, seedling weights were adjusted for caryopsis weight using regression analyses. Adjust ...