Jump to Main Content
- Buford, William T.; Jenkins, Johnie N.; Maxwell, Fowden G.
- Crop science 1968 v.8 no.6 pp. 647-649
- Gossypium hirsutum; Gossypium barbadense; pest resistance; Anthonomus grandis; oviposition
- ... The rate of boll weevil, Anthonomus grandis Boheman, oviposition was tested on 252 cotton lines, Gossypium hirsutum L. and G. barbadense L., in a nonreplicated mass screening procedure. Boll weevil oviposition was reduced in 26 lines. Replicated tests were performed on six of these by using the A & M laboratory strain and a Mississippi field strain of weevils. The two strains ranked the six cotton ...
- Hockett, E. A.; Eslick, R. F.; Reid, D. A.; Wiebe, G. A.
- Crop science 1968 v.8 no.6 pp. 754-755
- Hordeum vulgare; genes; allelism
- ... Genetic male sterile stocks of 101 spring and 115 winter barley (Hordeum vulgate and Hordenm distichum) stocks are available on order from Bozeman, Mont., and Beltsville, Md., respectively. We described a system of temporary symbols for designation of new mutants until allelism tests are completed. ...