Jump to Main Content
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Crop science 2008 v.48 no.5 pp. 1841
- Triticum aestivum; wheat; Puccinia recondita; plant pathogenic fungi; rust diseases; disease resistance; genetic resistance; germplasm; plant genetic resources; genetic markers; plant breeding; introns; cultivars; landraces; wild relatives; alleles
- ... The adult plant resistance gene contributes significantly to durable leaf rust (caused by Eriks.) resistance. Simple and robust molecular markers that enable early detection of are a major advancement in wheat (L.) breeding. An insertion/deletion size variant located at the locus on chromosome 7D within an intron sequence of a sulfate transporter-like gene tightly linked to the dual rust resistanc ...
- Orford, Simon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop science 2007 v.47 no.1 pp. 343-349
- Triticum aestivum; winter wheat; plant breeding; genetic variation; cultivars; microsatellite repeats; genetic markers; genotype; alleles; temporal variation; Europe
- ... The objective of this study was to assess whether modern plant breeding has led to any loss of genetic diversity in modern European winter wheat varieties (L.). For this purpose, a collection of 511 widely grown winter wheat varieties of Central and Northern Europe was genotyped with 42 microsatellite markers. In the varieties representing the National List of the UK during the 1980s and 1990s the ...