Jump to Main Content
- Islam, Kazi T.; Bond, Jason P.; Fakhoury, Ahmad M.
- Current genetics 2017 v.63 no.4 pp. 723-738
- Fusarium virguliforme; agglutinins; arabinose; carbon; death; fructose; galactose; genes; glucose; greenhouses; maltose; microbial biomass; microscopy; mutants; oxidation; pectins; phloem; plant pathogenic fungi; protein kinases; roots; soybeans; sucrose; virulence; wheat germ; xylem vessels; xylose; yeasts
- ... Fusarium virguliforme is a soil-borne pathogenic fungus that causes sudden death syndrome (SDS) in soybean. Its pathogenicity is believed to require the activity of cell-wall-degrading enzymes (CWDEs). The sucrose non-fermenting protein kinase 1 gene (SNF1) is a key component of the glucose de-repression pathway in yeast, and a regulator of gene expression for CWDEs in some plant pathogenic fungi. ...
- Matar, Khalid Abdelkarim Omer; Chen, Xiaofeng; Chen, Dongjie; Anjago, Wilfred Mabeche; Norvienyeku, Justice; Lin, Yahong; Chen, Meilian; Wang, Zonghua; Ebbole, Daniel J.; Lu, Guo-dong
- Current genetics 2017 v.63 no.4 pp. 685-696
- 2-deoxyglucose; Aspergillus nidulans; Magnaporthe oryzae; allyl alcohol; appressoria; beta-glucosidase; carbon; cell walls; conidia; conidiation; feruloyl esterase; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; glucose; host plants; hyphae; leaves; microorganisms; mutants; pathogenesis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; vegetative growth; virulence
- ... Carbon catabolite repression (CCR) is a common regulatory mechanism used by microorganisms to prioritize use of a preferred carbon source (usually glucose). The CreC WD40-repeat protein is a major component of the CCR pathway in Aspergillus nidulans. To clarify the function of the CreC ortholog from Magnaporthe oryzae in regulating gene expression important for pathogenesis, MoCreC was identified ...