Jump to Main Content
- Hirata, D.; Yano, K.; Miyahara, K.; Mijakawa, T.
- Current genetics 1994 v.26 no.4 pp. 285-294
- transport proteins; structural genes; drugs; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; mutagenicity; amino acid sequences; nucleotide sequences; plasma membrane; glycoproteins; drug resistance
- ... A multidrug resistance gene, YDR1, of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which encodes a 170-kDa protein of a member of the ABC superfamily, was identified. Disruption of YDR1 resulted in hypersensitivity to cycloheximide, cerulenin, compactin, staurosporine and fluphenazine, indicating that YDR1 is an important determinant of cross resistance to apparently-unrelated drugs. The Ydr1 protein bears the highe ...
- Ragnini, A.; Teply, R.; Waldherr, M.; Voskova, A.; Schweyen, R.J.
- Current genetics 1994 v.26 no.4 pp. 308-314
- metabolism; structural genes; guanosine triphosphate; G-proteins; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; amino acid sequences; mitochondria; nucleotide sequences
- ... MRS6 is a newly-identified gene in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Its product Mrs6p shows significant homology to the mammalian GDP dissociation inhibitor (GDI) of Rab/Ypt-type small G proteins and to the human choroideraemia protein (CHM), the component A of Rab-specific GGTase II. The interaction of Mrs6p with G proteins is indicated by our observation that the MRS6 gene suppresses the effe ...