Jump to Main Content
- Perysinakis, A.; Kinghorn, J.R.; Drainas, C.
- Current genetics 1994 v.26 no.4 pp. 315-320
- Saccharomycetales; nitrogen metabolism; alleles; loci; glutamate dehydrogenase; nutrient availability; NADP (coenzyme); ammonium compounds; mutants; enzyme activity; amino acid metabolism; glutamic acid
- ... The initial velocity, pH and temperature optima, and Km values of Schizosaccharomyces pombe NADP-glutamate dehydrogenase (NADP-GDH: EC 18.104.22.168) have been determined. NADP-GDH was found to be specific for the substrates used in the reaction mixtures. NADP-GDH activity showed a sigmoidal response to changes in alpha-ketoglutarate concentrations, following Hill kinetics with a coefficient n(H) = 2. A ...
- Esposito, M.S.; Ramirez, R.M.; Bruschi, C.V.
- Current genetics 1994 v.26 no.4 pp. 302-307
- mitosis; nitrogen metabolism; mitotic recombination; diploidy; mutation; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; heterozygosity; dicarboxylic acids; recessive genes
- ... We have employed the analysis of spontaneous forward mutations that confer the ability to utilize L-alpha-aminoadipate as a nitrogen source (alpha-Aa+) to discern the events that contribute to mitotic segregation of spontaneous recessive mutations by diploid cells. alpha-Aa- diploid cells yield alpha-Aa+ mutants at a rate of 7.8 +/- 3.6 X 10(-9). As in haploid strains, approximately 97% (30/31) of ...