Jump to Main Content
- Ventura, Carmen; Briones-Roblero, Carlos I.; Hernández, Emilio; Rivera-Orduña, Flor N.; Zúñiga, Gerardo
- Current microbiology 2018 v.75 no.8 pp. 966-976
- Actinobacteria; Anastrepha ludens; Bactrocera; Ceratitis; Citrobacter; Enterobacter; Escherichia; Firmicutes; Klebsiella; Raoultella; amino acids; bacteria; bacterial communities; biochemical pathways; carbohydrates; digestive system; foraging; fruit flies; fruits; hosts; imagos; larvae; lipids; metabolism; physiological transport; sequence analysis
- ... Fruit flies are the most economically important group of phytophagous flies worldwide. Whereas the ecological role of bacteria associated with tephritid fruit fly species of the genera Bactrocera and Ceratitis has been demonstrated, the diversity of the bacterial community in Anastrepha has been poorly characterized. This study represents the first comprehensive analysis of the bacterial community ...
- Kisková, Jana; Perháčová, Zuzana; Vlčko, Ladislav; Sedláková, Jana; Kvasnová, Simona; Pristaš, Peter
- Current microbiology 2018 v.75 no.8 pp. 988-996
- Actinobacteria; Azotobacter; Chloroflexi; Dechloromonas; Desulfobacteraceae; Desulfobulbaceae; Desulfovibrionaceae; Gallionella; Pseudomonas; acid mine drainage; aquatic habitat; bacteria; bacterial communities; drainage; drainage water; environmental impact; genes; ions; iron; microscopy; pH; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; sulfur; Slovakia
- ... Although neutral mine drainage is the less frequent subject of the interest than acid mine drainage, it can have adverse environmental effects caused mainly by precipitation of dissolved Fe. The aim of the study was to characterize the composition of bacterial population in environment with high concentration of iron and sulfur compounds represented by neutral mine drainage water of Elizabeth’s sh ...