Jump to Main Content
- Libisch, Balázs; Balogh, Boglárka; Füzi, Miklós
- Current microbiology 2009 v.58 no.2 pp. 111-116
- DNA; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; ciprofloxacin; genes; genotype; gentamicin; geographical distribution; multiple drug resistance; phenotype; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; serotypes; towns; Hungary
- ... The aim of this study was to identify class 1 integrons from extended-spectrum and metallo-β-lactamase-negative, multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates from Hungary and to characterize the isolates by phenotypic and molecular methods. Fourteen selected P. aeruginosa isolates resistant to ceftazidime, gentamicin, and ciprofloxacin were subjected to serotyping, random amplifica ...
- Miyakawa, Yozo; Ozawa, Takuya
- Current microbiology 2009 v.58 no.2 pp. 164-169
- Candida albicans; DNA; alleles; candidiasis; diploidy; epidemiological studies; fungi; patients; polymerase chain reaction
- ... We describe a simple method to accurately differentiate Candida albicans isolates by concurrent use of the restriction enzyme digestion patterns for PCR products, targeting two species-specific DNA regions originating from genetically different sources, the nuclear and mitochondrial genomes. The target sequence we used as the nuclear gene was derived from the PHO85 gene, a negative regulator of th ...