Jump to Main Content
- Bouma, Johan; Broll, Gabriele; Crane, Todd A; Dewitte, Olivier; Gardi, Ciro; Schulte, Rogier PO; Towers, Willie
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2012 v.4 no.5 pp. 552-558
- food security, etc ; European Union; biodiversity; case studies; climate change; databases; freshwater; issues and policy; land use; people; planning; politics; soil; soil management; Scotland; South America; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Soils play an important role in defining sustainable land-use options when facing major global environmental challenges such as food security, climate change, fresh water scarcity and biodiversity loss. Facing these problems, the 2006 EU Thematic Strategy for Soil Protection (TSSP), provides an important focal point for soil research and awareness raising. Unfortunately, the TSSP has not yet been ...
- Montanarella, Luca; Vargas, Ronald
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2012 v.4 no.5 pp. 559-564
- food security, etc ; European Union; Food and Agriculture Organization; climate change; ecosystem services; energy; food prices; food production; governance; infrastructure; issues and policy; land use; mining; soil; soil conservation; soil management; soil resources; sustainable development; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... In the current era of multiple crises, from food price, through climate change to economic failure, policy makers around the world are exploring opportunities to make a shift to a green economy. The international community is seeking new ways of developing the concept of sustainable development up to and beyond the Earth Summit in 2012, mainly with regards to practical ways for the coherent implem ...