Jump to Main Content
- Montanarella, Luca; Alva, Ivonne Lobos
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2015 v.15 pp. 41-48
- advocacy; issues and policy; monitoring; soil; sustainable development
- ... Soils are considered across the Rio Conventions and while some advances have been made in the past two decades, implementation remains lacking and soil-related issues persist. This calls for a more integrated approach for the implementation of the Conventions. Similarly, soils will play a key role to achieve the post-2015 development agenda and can be found across the proposed Sustainable Developm ...
- Scoones, Ian
- Current opinion in environmental sustainability 2015 v.15 pp. 20-24
- case studies; farms; issues and policy; landscapes; new combination; nutrients; people; politics; soil; Ethiopia
- ... Soils must be understood from a transdisciplinary perspective, integrating biophysical, social, economic and political understandings. This requires new combinations of methods. This paper introduces the STEPS ‘pathways approach’, which emphasises the importance of ‘framing’ of different options. Through a case study from Ethiopia, the possibilities of a transdisciplinary analysis of soils are exp ...