Jump to Main Content
- Gullón, Patricia; Astray, Gonzalo; Gullón, Beatriz; Franco, Daniel; Campagnol, Paulo Cezar Bastianello; Lorenzo, José M
- Current opinion in food science 2021 v.40 pp. 20-25
- bioactive compounds; food science; functional foods; healthy eating habits; hypertension; macroalgae; meat products; physicochemical properties; salt substitutes; shelf life
- ... In the last years, the consumption of meat products is associated with a higher incidence of hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. The outstanding profile of seaweeds in nutritive and bioactive compounds turns them into promising candidates to formulate healthy products. Accordingly, due to the increasing interest of consumers by new functional foods and healthier eating habits, several studie ...
- Fernández-López, Juana; Viuda-Martos, Manuel; Pérez-Alvarez, José Angel
- Current opinion in food science 2021 v.40 pp. 26-32
- Chenopodium quinoa; Salvia hispanica; bioactive compounds; food science; functional properties; ingredients; nutrients; processed meat; product development; quinoa grain
- ... Chia and quinoa have gained in popularity among consumers worldwide due to the variety of nutrients and bioactive compounds they contain. The scientific enthusiasm that both sets of ingredients have generated, has contributed to deepening our knowledge of their physicochemical and functional properties, which, in turn, has revealed their great technological potential for meat product development. ...