Jump to Main Content
- Pinton, Mariana Basso; dos Santos, Bibiana Alves; Lorenzo, José Manuel; Cichoski, Alexandre José; Boeira, Caroline Pagnossim; Campagnol, Paulo Cezar Bastianello
- Current opinion in food science 2021 v.40 pp. 1-5
- food additives; food industry; functional properties; high pressure treatment; meat products; phosphates; protein structure; pulsed electric fields; sustainable technology; ultrasonics
- ... Meat products are often perceived as unhealthy foods due to the significant amounts of additives, including NaCl and phosphates, thus being considered excellent reformulation targets. Green technologies such as ultrasound (US), high-pressure processing (HPP), and pulsed electric field (PEF) have gained importance in the food industry as they are environmental-friendly processes. In addition, US, H ...
- Fernández-López, Juana; Viuda-Martos, Manuel; Pérez-Alvarez, José Angel
- Current opinion in food science 2021 v.40 pp. 26-32
- Chenopodium quinoa; Salvia hispanica; bioactive compounds; food science; functional properties; ingredients; nutrients; processed meat; product development; quinoa grain
- ... Chia and quinoa have gained in popularity among consumers worldwide due to the variety of nutrients and bioactive compounds they contain. The scientific enthusiasm that both sets of ingredients have generated, has contributed to deepening our knowledge of their physicochemical and functional properties, which, in turn, has revealed their great technological potential for meat product development. ...