Jump to Main Content
- Fernández-López, Juana; Viuda-Martos, Manuel; Pérez-Alvarez, José Angel
- Current opinion in food science 2021 v.40 pp. 26-32
- Chenopodium quinoa; Salvia hispanica; bioactive compounds; food science; functional properties; ingredients; nutrients; processed meat; product development; quinoa grain
- ... Chia and quinoa have gained in popularity among consumers worldwide due to the variety of nutrients and bioactive compounds they contain. The scientific enthusiasm that both sets of ingredients have generated, has contributed to deepening our knowledge of their physicochemical and functional properties, which, in turn, has revealed their great technological potential for meat product development. ...
- Saldaña, Erick; Merlo, Thais Cardoso; Patinho, Iliani; Rios-Mera, Juan D; Contreras-Castillo, Carmen J; Selani, Miriam M
- Current opinion in food science 2021 v.40 pp. 13-19
- diet; food science; markets; processed meat; sensory evaluation; sensory properties
- ... In the present day, consumers are increasingly concerned about the relationship between diet and health, which has led to an increase in demand for healthier products. However, developing these types of products, while preserving their sensory quality is very challenging. In this sense, the use of sensory science plays an important role in the development of healthier processed meat products. Thus ...