Jump to Main Content
- Murador, Daniella C; de Souza Mesquita, Leonardo M; Vannuchi, Nicholas; Braga, Anna Rafaela C; de Rosso, Veridiana V
- Current opinion in food science 2019 v.26 pp. 25-34
- antioxidant activity; bioactive compounds; bioavailability; human health; humans; ionic liquids; toxicity
- ... The search for alternative methods for the extraction of bioactive compounds that are environmentally friendly and safe for human health is emerging. Natural deep eutectic solvents (NADES) and ionic liquids have been shown to be more efficient than the conventional organic solvents, leading to higher yields of bioactive compounds. However, more important than increasing yields, it is fundamental t ...
- Bazana, Maiara Taís; Codevilla, Cristiane Franco; de Menezes, Cristiano Ragagnin
- Current opinion in food science 2019 v.26 pp. 47-56
- bioactive compounds; bioavailability; food safety; human health; nanocapsules; oxidative stability; solubility
- ... Nanotechnology is increasingly used in food science, and one of the lines of research is the nanoencapsulation of bioactive compounds. While these compounds promote improvements in human health, they are often improperly absorbed. Thus, nanostructured systems improve several characteristics, such as protection against degradation, solubility, stability, and bioavailability, among others. However, ...