Jump to Main Content
- Manning, Louise
- Current opinion in food science 2016 v.10 pp. 16-21
- food supply chain, etc ; databases; food chain; food science; fraud; issues and policy; people; supply chain; traceability; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Food supply chain fraud can arise in terms of the integrity of the food item, the processes used to produce that food item and/or the people employed and the data that accompanies the food item. Emergent food fraud themes include characterization of food fraud, drivers of supply chain fraud, traceability systems and mechanisms for deterrence. Options for action at global, supply chain and organiza ...
- Sørensen, Klavs Martin; Khakimov, Bekzod; Engelsen, Søren Balling
- Current opinion in food science 2016 v.10 pp. 45-51
- food supply chain, etc ; adulterated products; chemometrics; food production; food science; industry; ingredients; international trade; near-infrared spectroscopy; raw materials; screening; traceability; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... International trade in food commodities will continue to increase and the complex food supply chains make adulteration detection and traceability a technical, logistical and financial challenge. There is no magic solution for adulteration testing, but NIR spectroscopy in combination with chemometrics appears to be an efficient first choice for testing incoming raw materials and ingredients in the ...