Jump to Main Content
- Radlinski, L; Conlon, BP
- Current opinion in microbiology 2018 v.42 pp. 19-24
- antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; antimicrobial properties; bacterial infections; host-pathogen relationships; interspecific competition; patients; prediction; therapeutics
- ... Accurate prediction of antimicrobial efficacy is essential for successful treatment of bacterial infection. Beyond genetically encoded mechanisms of antibiotic resistance, the determinants of antibiotic susceptibility during infection remain poorly understood, and treatment failure is common. Traditional antibiotic susceptibility testing fails to account for extrinsic determinants of antibiotic su ...
- Hen-Avivi, Shelly; Avraham, Roi
- Current opinion in microbiology 2018 v.42 pp. 31-39
- antibiotics; death; host-pathogen relationships; human diseases; immunization; infectious diseases; pathogens; sequence analysis
- ... Despite the availability of antibiotics and immunization, infectious diseases remain a major cause of malignancy and death worldwide. Yet, it is well documented that for most infectious agents, clinical disease develops in only a small minority of infected individuals. There is, in fact, great heterogeneity in infection outcome, from complete clearance of the pathogen to severe illness. Understand ...