Jump to Main Content
- Radlinski, L; Conlon, BP
- Current opinion in microbiology 2018 v.42 pp. 19-24
- antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; antimicrobial properties; bacterial infections; host-pathogen relationships; interspecific competition; patients; prediction; therapeutics
- ... Accurate prediction of antimicrobial efficacy is essential for successful treatment of bacterial infection. Beyond genetically encoded mechanisms of antibiotic resistance, the determinants of antibiotic susceptibility during infection remain poorly understood, and treatment failure is common. Traditional antibiotic susceptibility testing fails to account for extrinsic determinants of antibiotic su ...
- Wolf, Thomas; Kämmer, Philipp; Brunke, Sascha; Linde, Jörg
- Current opinion in microbiology 2018 v.42 pp. 7-12
- bioinformatics; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; host-pathogen relationships; non-coding RNA; prediction; receptors; ribosomal RNA; symbiosis
- ... Organisms do not exist isolated from each other, but constantly interact. Cells can sense the presence of interaction partners by a range of receptors and, via complex regulatory networks, specifically react by changing the expression of many of their genes. Technological advances in next-generation sequencing over the recent years now allow us to apply RNA sequencing to two species at the same ti ...