Jump to Main Content
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Current opinion in microbiology 2018 v.44 pp. 41-49
- community structure; dynamic models; equations; mathematical models; microbial communities; periodicity; time series analysis
- ... Nowadays, microbial communities are frequently monitored over long periods of time and the interactions between their members are explored in vitro. This development has opened the way to apply mathematical models to characterize community structure and dynamics, to predict responses to perturbations and to explore general dynamical properties such as stability, alternative stable states and perio ...
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Current opinion in microbiology 2015 v.25 pp. 56-66
- data collection; humans; metagenomics; microbial communities; microbiome; microorganisms; models; oceans; temporal variation; time series analysis
- ... The recent increase in the number of microbial time series studies offers new insights into the stability and dynamics of microbial communities, from the world's oceans to human microbiota. Dedicated time series analysis tools allow taking full advantage of these data. Such tools can reveal periodic patterns, help to build predictive models or, on the contrary, quantify irregularities that make co ...