Jump to Main Content
- Bhosale, Rahul; Maere, Steven; De Veylder, Lieven
- Current opinion in plant biology 2019 v.51 pp. 58-65
- DNA; cell differentiation; cell growth; cell walls; cytokinesis; genes; mitosis; ploidy; transcription (genetics); vacuoles
- ... Endoreplication represents a variant of the mitotic cell cycle during which cells replicate their DNA without mitosis and/or cytokinesis, resulting in an increase in the cells’ ploidy level. This process is especially prominent in higher plants, where it has been correlated with cell differentiation, metabolic output and rapid cell growth. However, different reports argue against a ploidy-dependen ...
- Umeda, Masaaki; Aki, Shiori S; Takahashi, Naoki
- Current opinion in plant biology 2019 v.51 pp. 1-6
- DNA; cell cycle checkpoints; cell proliferation; cyclin-dependent kinase; genome; mitosis; transcription factors
- ... The Gap phases of the cell cycle are essential to perceive internal and external signals and control cell division and differentiation. However, our knowledge of molecular mechanisms underlying G2 progression in plants remains quite limited. In this review, we summarize recent findings about core G2-phase regulators, such as B-type cyclin-dependent kinases (CDKs) and R1R2R3-type MYB transcription ...